• Ruby
  • Rust
  • PHP
  • SQL
  • Block Coding
  • Other (Comment)
0 voters
6 Likes

I find it funny that people put Python as an underrated language, even more so if the same people just put Python as the answer for all the ‘positive’ questions and essentially worship it. :laughing:

I’m kinda surprised that (as of right now) Java is the ‘hardest’ language by a total of four votes, I expected it to be C++ which I feel has a reputation that precedes is. I’d be interested to know why people think Java is the hardest (personally, I put Ruby lol :person_shrugging:).

5 Likes

It’s funny that Python (at the moment) is the most underrated and most overrated programming language.

1 Like

C++ is like the better python for me at the moment. It doesn’t use indents and runs fast and is just better for me in general.

3 Likes

I’m surprised people say that block coding is the easiest but the worst. Also C++ is pretty easy in my opinion. The syntax is just, ehhh.

4 Likes

Honestly I thought C++ was supposed to be one of the harder languages.

2 Likes

In my opinion, Python has the edge over c++, it’s defiantly simpler, which in turn makes it more beginner friendly, but like @QwertyQwerty88 said the syntax is bad, especially compared to Pythons. I’m also probably biased because it’s the first actual language it learned

3 Likes

I guess it’s personal preference or/if you have a background with C/C#

3 Likes

imo C# is very different from C and C++, C# doesn’t want you to use pointers too, which is kind of a downside, but I think it makes up for it and you don’t really need them in C# anyway :man_shrugging: C → C++ adds OOP, but C++ → C# changes the syntax and everything. I’ve heard that C# was Microsoft’s response to Java.

2 Likes

Lol when you use Ask theme: block coding is sooooo similar to the background. If you have good eyes you can spot a faint rectangle.

The easirlest is block coding - of course.
Apparently Python is overrated? I disagree. You can do ml and data science with Python.

You can do a lot more than that.

3 Likes

My favorite language has been the new Zig language lately.

5 Likes

I did block coding for the best syntax

2 Likes

First of all, these are, by far, the worst color choices I’ve ever seen for a pie chart. I can’t even differentiate between them. Secondly, the fact that so many people didn’t list C++ as the most difficult language is proof that people don’t know C++. I can’t tell if the hardest language is Java or JS because the colors look the same to me. But Java is incredibly easy to learn.

1 Like

If you think Java is difficult, you should probably reconsider whether you should be a programmer.

oops… sorry, Matt. That wasn’t directed at you. I didn’t realize I was replying to your post. I thought I was creating a top level reply.

1 Like

Okay, OP didn’t choose them… Also, if you click on a slice, it tells you which it is.

I know C++ and it is not that hard… but it depends what you consider to be hard I guess. The syntax is bad in my opinion, but not hard

Well, you could say the same for C++

Well that’s not very nice. And Matt didn’t even say he thought it was difficult…

3 Likes

Then what is the most difficult language to learn, if it isn’t C++?

1 Like

Like I said, depends what you consider to be “hard to learn”? Most languages are on W3Schools, and they’re all pretty easy to learn from there. Where did you try to learn C++ that made you dislike it so much?

2 Likes

C++ is actually pretty easy to learn and really useful.

3 Likes

I learned C++ in college. It’s my favorite language, but that doesn’t change the fact that it’s significantly more difficult to learn than Java. Because I had about 6 years of experience in C++, I was able to learn almost everything there was to know about Java within a few weeks.

No one will know everything there is to know about C++ in a few weeks, a few months, or a few years. Stroustrup said he was proficient in about 25 programming languages when he wrote C++. He understands C++ well enough to admit that he’s still not an expert in C++. That fact alone answers the question as to whether C++ is a difficult language.

I noticed you totally avoided naming a single programming language that’s more difficult than C++.

3 Likes