• Ruby
  • Rust
  • PHP
  • SQL
  • Block Coding
  • Other (Comment)
0 voters
6 Likes

I find it funny that people put Python as an underrated language, even more so if the same people just put Python as the answer for all the ā€˜positiveā€™ questions and essentially worship it. :laughing:

Iā€™m kinda surprised that (as of right now) Java is the ā€˜hardestā€™ language by a total of four votes, I expected it to be C++ which I feel has a reputation that precedes is. Iā€™d be interested to know why people think Java is the hardest (personally, I put Ruby lol :person_shrugging:).

6 Likes

Itā€™s funny that Python (at the moment) is the most underrated and most overrated programming language.

1 Like

C++ is like the better python for me at the moment. It doesnā€™t use indents and runs fast and is just better for me in general.

3 Likes

Iā€™m surprised people say that block coding is the easiest but the worst. Also C++ is pretty easy in my opinion. The syntax is just, ehhh.

5 Likes

Honestly I thought C++ was supposed to be one of the harder languages.

2 Likes

In my opinion, Python has the edge over c++, itā€™s defiantly simpler, which in turn makes it more beginner friendly, but like @QwertyQwerty88 said the syntax is bad, especially compared to Pythons. Iā€™m also probably biased because itā€™s the first actual language it learned

3 Likes

I guess itā€™s personal preference or/if you have a background with C/C#

3 Likes

imo C# is very different from C and C++, C# doesnā€™t want you to use pointers too, which is kind of a downside, but I think it makes up for it and you donā€™t really need them in C# anyway :man_shrugging: C ā†’ C++ adds OOP, but C++ ā†’ C# changes the syntax and everything. Iā€™ve heard that C# was Microsoftā€™s response to Java.

2 Likes

Lol when you use Ask theme: block coding is sooooo similar to the background. If you have good eyes you can spot a faint rectangle.

The easirlest is block coding - of course.
Apparently Python is overrated? I disagree. You can do ml and data science with Python.

You can do a lot more than that.

3 Likes

My favorite language has been the new Zig language lately.

5 Likes

I did block coding for the best syntax

2 Likes

First of all, these are, by far, the worst color choices Iā€™ve ever seen for a pie chart. I canā€™t even differentiate between them. Secondly, the fact that so many people didnā€™t list C++ as the most difficult language is proof that people donā€™t know C++. I canā€™t tell if the hardest language is Java or JS because the colors look the same to me. But Java is incredibly easy to learn.

1 Like

If you think Java is difficult, you should probably reconsider whether you should be a programmer.

oopsā€¦ sorry, Matt. That wasnā€™t directed at you. I didnā€™t realize I was replying to your post. I thought I was creating a top level reply.

1 Like

Okay, OP didnā€™t choose themā€¦ Also, if you click on a slice, it tells you which it is.

I know C++ and it is not that hardā€¦ but it depends what you consider to be hard I guess. The syntax is bad in my opinion, but not hard

Well, you could say the same for C++

Well thatā€™s not very nice. And Matt didnā€™t even say he thought it was difficultā€¦

3 Likes

Then what is the most difficult language to learn, if it isnā€™t C++?

1 Like

Like I said, depends what you consider to be ā€œhard to learnā€? Most languages are on W3Schools, and theyā€™re all pretty easy to learn from there. Where did you try to learn C++ that made you dislike it so much?

2 Likes

C++ is actually pretty easy to learn and really useful.

3 Likes

I learned C++ in college. Itā€™s my favorite language, but that doesnā€™t change the fact that itā€™s significantly more difficult to learn than Java. Because I had about 6 years of experience in C++, I was able to learn almost everything there was to know about Java within a few weeks.

No one will know everything there is to know about C++ in a few weeks, a few months, or a few years. Stroustrup said he was proficient in about 25 programming languages when he wrote C++. He understands C++ well enough to admit that heā€™s still not an expert in C++. That fact alone answers the question as to whether C++ is a difficult language.

I noticed you totally avoided naming a single programming language thatā€™s more difficult than C++.

3 Likes