Poll: Light or Dark themes when programming?

Do you generally use light or dark themes when programming?
This can include Replit, GitHub, Visual Studio, etc…

• Light
  • Dark

0 voters

4 Likes

I use dark mode for coding but light for most other things

7 Likes

Dark just makes my eyes feel relaxed, light strains them too much.

6 Likes

I do dark for everything, my Replit is using Exo, and phone is on Dark mode 24/7.

4 Likes

I really don’t know how anyone uses light mode. Now that might be kinda biased considering everything I use is set on dark, but I have massive respect for light mode users, who either challenge themselves and their eyes or don’t know that a setting for such a thing even exists.

3 Likes

I use the default most of the time. Most of the time the default is light mode so most of the time I use light mode. However, I use dark mode on Replit because I felt pressured by the community. Honestly, it’s all in what you’re used to. When I was used to light mode, I would look at the dark mode, and the contrast was terrible and it was dreadfully unusable. Now that I’m used to the dark mode, I find the light mode glaringly bright and just awful. So whatever you’re used to is what you’ll find is best I guess.

5 Likes

All my themes are dark, but sometimes I make them light for some reason.

1 Like

Same. I like dark mode when I’m programming but hate it when using dark mode on other applications.

4 Likes

I use different themes in different code editors. It depends on the standard editor theme. But most often I use the dark one.

3 Likes