Pip package installation Error

**I upgraded pip, it got upgraded successfully, After that when i try to install pip package i am getting this error

error: externally-managed-environment

@NuclearPasta0 can you please help me out

1 Like

Please do not ping users who are not in the thread.

May I know if the pyproject.toml file exists? Also, could you send the contents of the .replit file? Click the 3 dots in the Files sidebar > Show Hidden Files.

Add-on: Try entering pip uninstall pip. Why do you need to use pip though? It’s buggy on Replit. You could just use poetry.

3 Likes

actually i am new to replit, I had a pyproject.toml file in existence previously, but I came across advice suggesting its removal to resolve the issue, so I deleted it.

i tried pip uninstall pip still same issue, also where can i find .replit file

Erm you shouldn’t have… try creating a new file with the name pyproject.toml, and use the file’s History to go back by 1 and recover the data.

:
Click the 3 dots at the top of the Files sidebar > Show Hidden Files > .replit

here you go:
.replit

pyproject.toml

Try adding --break-system-packages to the pip uninstall command, it shouldn’t actually break anything, as it’s an incorrect detection for the error.

i hope it is something not recommended, and its also looks scary

The error that is causing it to be required is only that, an error. It’s incorrectly detecting the kind of system that it is on, and needs to be overriden to work properly here.

what should i uninstall then?

I’d say try making pip remove pip (as was being tried originally), just with the “break” option passed.

still same issue after uninstalling and reinstalling pip as well

What if you just don’t upgrade pip? It seems like it should work fine without the update.

while installing any package its saying bash: /home/runner/ADAM/.pythonlibs/bin/pip: No such file or directory

Honestly, I’d recommend you just transfer your code to a new Repl and try again, as you’ve somehow broken your existing one.

ha to easy i can do it

let me know how to please?

1 Like

Please share a link to a repl or fork of the repl.

I would recommend deleting the .pythonlibs folder. I think you should also delete .local folder. Then, check pyproject.toml and ensure that there are no unwanted packages (including pip). If there are, delete their lines. Then, run poetry update in the Shell to reinstall all of your packages.

3 Likes

so sorry brother i cannot fork or share the repl becasue its a client private repl… from company

okay let me do as you described… i will let you know