Permissions in multiplayer

I think that for multiplayer repls, there should be some permission system. I wouldn’t like everyone to see my secrets or maybe be able to restrict them from editing/reading some files

8 Likes

Well in a recent Replit 101 David talked about different modes of multiplayer. If you invite someone you’ll see “Can edit”. I’m sure in the future there will be options like “read-only” and stuff.

5 Likes

I mean this feature has “existed” for years because you can invite someone to a repl with “r” (read) only permissions. However, this feature was probably forgotten to have existed in the first place because replit built over it and even though you appear on the UI as a collaborator and get a notification, you can’t access the repl

4 Likes

Technically, everyone has read-access to everyone’s (public) Repls.

4 Likes

;-; I’m pretty sure replit ghost temp forks repls and having read access would mean being able to run it with all the env vars and such

1 Like

Yeah, but read-only invites let you do the same thing with private Repls. I made a Chrome extension that lets you do this, but since they just updated the invite menu now it’s broken. I’ll have to update it.

4 Likes

I want the ability to have certain people be able to add others to my Repl.

2 Likes

Did you hear about this from me or did you find it on your own? I don’t remember lol

4 Likes

stop telling them my secrets I need to look a little smart sometimes ;-;

3 Likes