Package operation failed in package manager

Problem description:
Since this morning, whenever I try to install any packages from the package manager I get the error “package operation failed”. I haven’t changed anything in my code since last night and my code was running and compiling fine after my most recent modifications until today. (So I didn’t change anything in the code and it went from working to not.)
I can’t run my code anymore since replit automatically updates my package configuration after I click run and I get this: (this is the message that remains since the initial message disappears too fast, but the latter looks exactly like the second error message below.)

Replit: Updating package configuration

→ python3 -m poetry lock

NonExistentKey

‘Key “metadata” does not exist.’

at /opt/virtualenvs/python3/lib/python3.8/site-packages/tomlkit/container.py:553 in getitem
549│ key = Key(key)
550│
551│ idx = self._map.get(key, None)

If I try to install any packages using the package manager I get this (for example). I also get this message momentarily for → python3 -m poetry lock when I click run. Each time there’s the same error about a nonexistent key called metadata:

Replit: Updating package configuration

→ python3 -m poetry add m26
Using version ^0.2.1 for m26

NonExistentKey

‘Key “metadata” does not exist.’

at /opt/virtualenvs/python3/lib/python3.8/site-packages/tomlkit/container.py:553 in getitem
549│ key = Key(key)
550│
551│ idx = self._map.get(key, None)
552│ if idx is None:
→ 553│ raise NonExistentKey(key)
554│
555│ if isinstance(idx, tuple):
556│ # The item we are getting is an out of order table
557│ # so we need a proxy to retrieve the proper objects
exit status 1

Replit: Package operation failed.

Expected behavior:
That I can use the package manager to install packages.

Actual behavior:
Pip install works but the package manager doesn’t. My code wouldn’t run since replit uses the package manager to update my package configuration each time before running and runs into the package operation failed error.

Steps to reproduce:
Go into replit’s package manager, search for a package and try to install it. Alternatively, click run and see replit update the package configuration automatically.

Bug appears at this link:
n/a

Browser/OS/Device:
Brave, Windows 10
Safari, IOS

Since I didn’t change anything on my end I’m assuming it’s a bug, but if it isn’t could someone tell me how I could fix this? Thanks a lot!

Update: now running the code works but installing packages using the manager still doesn’t!

Hey @FrostWind!

Can you please send me the link to your Repl so I can take a look?

Hey! Sure: https://replit.com/@FrostWind/Ocean?v=1