Opening my repl linked to a specific domain is downloading a malicious .zip file

Whenever I open one of my repls that is linked to the domain frog222.dev or a subdomain of frog222.dev a malicious .zip file is downloaded to my computer. This only happens on domains I have purchased through namecheap. I contacted namecheap support and they said the domains point to cloudflare’s servers and to contact my hosting provider (replit). What do I do?

I think the .repl.co link will still work. Try that link and if the file does not appear then it is not a replit issue.

3 Likes

That is what I tried to do, and my website worked fine. I then contacted my domain provider (namecheap) and they said the domain correctly points to cloudflare which points to replit.

1 Like

If the .repl.co link works as expected and the namecheap link is malicious, then I would avoid namecheap as it seems likely that it is either malicous, hacked, or has a dangerous bug. Perhaps you should use a more reputable company, such as Google Domains.

3 Likes