NOTE FOR REPL ASK USERS: Changes to SSO

I’m having trouble with figuring out how to delete the account.

Go to https://ask.replit.com/my/preferences/account and sroll down until you see the button to delete your account. But if you made too many posts you cant

I don’t seem to be able to find the button.

Then it means you have made too m,any posts. @ShaneAtReplit can you merge @CosmicBear and their old account?

I’ve only created 1 post

Just looked on meta and its based on the age of the account. And your account is already more than a week old.

What’s the username of your old Discourse account? We can merge the new account into the old one instead of deleting it.

I have merged the new account into your original one. Please let me know if you are able to log in or if you’re still having issues.

1 Like

Thank you, it worked.

1 Like

Awesome! I’m happy that it was super easy to fix!

1 Like

sorry for the late reply - tried via email but it didn’t want to send (not the same email)

my replit account was lately changed back to “haroon”, so now Ask is using @haroon1

just to confirm: i’d like @haroon1 to be deleted and @haroon to have an updated email

Hey @haroon!

I have merged the account into @haroon. Please let me know if you’re still seeing issues.

1 Like

hey shane! Just want to say thx for working on the authentaction for this ask forum.

4 Likes

Could I have my 2 forum accounts merged? @CoderGautamYT and @CoderGautamYT1 , this is possible from the Discourse admin dashboard.

Thanks

Yes but only admins can though. cc: @ShaneAtReplit

Hey there!

I have merged the extra account into @CoderGautamYT. Please let me know if you run into any issues!

2 Likes

Problem description:

After clearing cookies and other browsing data, I tried to re-sign into this website, but it signed me into the new account, not letting me change it.

Expected behavior:

Signing me into my account when i press login

Actual behavior:

Created a new account even though I already have one seemingly acouated to my replit account

Steps to reproduce:

• Open history Ctrl + H
  • Click Clear Browsing Data
  • Click Clear Data
  • Sign-in to your Replit account in replit.com (I did it using github)
  • Click login in ask.replit.com
  • New account?

Browser/OS/Device:

Im on a School ACER Cromebook running Chrome OS

I’m sorry that this happened! What was the username of your original Discourse (ask.replit.com) account?