New file doesn't run

i am new to replit. i created a repository and a main.py file was created for me. i decided to create another file but when i run the code. my new file doesn’t run but the main.py. please, why?

Hey @truthkgd!

Just click the next to “Files” then click “Show hidden files”. Next click on the .replit file and finally you can change the entrypoint to whatever file you want to run.

You can also change the second line from run="run_command_for_lang main.file_type" to run="run_command_for_lang fileIWantToRun.file_type", though it won’t have an effect for languages with interpreters as shown in the comment on line 1.

Images

Dots

Show hidden files

edited

Also see the docs on how to configure a Repl: https://docs.replit.com/programming-ide/configuring-repl

5 Likes

thanks, would i keep changing the entry point everytime i want to run a new file?

1 Like

Yes, if you want to run a new file, then you’d have to change the entry point again.

Try this:

Do note that you have to edit the file you want it to run, as it just runs the last edited file.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.