My new text based game!

This is my new game, And I’ve figured out how to deploy it, so its got a website.
https://90-minutes-to-save-the-world.replit.app/
Anyone feel like giving feedback?

This site can’t be reached :frowning:

works fine for me. Ill see if I can find the problem.

All I can deduce is that it may be a browser issue. I know it works on google at least.

It’s working now, time to review this :slight_smile:

@Banesr18 I have some suggestions, not for the game itself rather for the website. Using a better font like Arial or Poppins would be more readable while playing a game. Also for the website’s colors sticking to a pallete would make it more pleasing to the eye, you could also have a dark mode and light mode based on the user’s device preference (If you need any help with that I would be more than welcome to help).

1 Like

Ill try swapping out the fonts, I’m quite limited due to the way its coded.

1 Like

Are you using CSS for it, or are you using Python for it all? If you are using just Python you could use tkinter and ttkbootstrap (you can actually use Figma instead of ttkbootstrap to make it look nice → https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLxFqpUbaAE).

CSS. But the way the text is displayed means that all text is the same fonting and size, except for a few specific case.

I’ve swapped the font to Arial for now, ill fine tune the sizing later.
Also ill try to add a dark and light option, but it will take a bit of time.

1 Like

BTW for the custom styling for the user’s device’s light mode/dark mode you can do this →

@media (prefers-color-scheme: light) {
  :root {
    --css-variables-here: red; /* an example */
  }
}

@media (prefers-color-scheme: dark) {
  :root {
    --css-variables-here: #2132a4; /* an example */
  }
}

You can use :root variables, if you want to use them for coloring you can do something like this →

body {
  background: var(--background);
  color: var(--foreground);
}

If you have any questions feel free to ask or read this documentation → prefers-color-scheme - CSS: Cascading Style Sheets | MDN

Also I would recommend removing the ability to scroll (since it is one page), because it can be quite annoying to try and type and the page moves around->

html {
  overflow: hidden;
}

Thanks, ill try to implement the suggestions. It will take some time though, im not great with css.

1 Like

There should be a list of options you can do on your turn. I am not able to play it properly.

1 Like

Update: Ive added a HELP command. It will clarify the majority of the commands, and should help with your options.

2 Likes

It’s quite confusing without a map of some sort.