My first personal site

I’m not great at css so I don’t usually make websites let alone one I think is good enough to be used for my own page. I decided to make it look like a terminal and went with scanline effects too. It can also be navigated by mobile via the command links, but you won’t be able to do anything fancy I decide to do there in the future.
I really like the look of it, I might reuse the ui for like a hacknet inspired game in the future, maybe…

https://personal-site.csharpisgud.repl.co/

Oh and some of the projects listed are pretty old since I needed something to put on there, so aside from my javascript interpreter I had to think pretty hard about what would be good enough to include.

4 Likes

It’s really good, especially the terminal theme! Nice work!

3 Likes

button text should be the same size as the surrounding text

3 Likes

Wow very clean! Could you tell us a bit more about how you made it, it looks very nice!

2 Likes

I increased the button font size to be the same and it looks better.

3 Likes

For the scanlines I googled and found some css that looked pretty good.
The text effects make use of insertAdjacentText and insertAdjacentElement.
Since every character is in its own text node I actually had to add a meta tag to prevent google from wanting to translate it thinking it was arabic.
The buttons aren’t hardcoded either, you can witness that by trying echo <@command>
It’ll automatically get transformed into a button that runs command when clicked.

3 Likes

Well your site looks amazing!

2 Likes

Very original, I am loving it. Worth of being showcased around.

1 Like

@CSharpIsGud Wow this is cool!
I’ve wanted to make a personal site for a while now (one that is based on the terminal) but I never did because I didn’t have the motivation to do it (and because I hate really despise CSS). So now I’m motivated, and I know I will do it eventually!