ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'src.core'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “main.py”, line 3, in
from src.core.bot_app import start_app
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘src.core’

Какая тут проблема?

Hi @exibexi , welcome to the forums!
Can you try entering pip install src.core into the Shell?

Oh, I see.
Can you add these lines of code:

from src import core
from core import file

I see that you are trying to import a file from the corefolder. Note that you’ll need to replace file with the name of the file.
Hope this helps!

1 Like

How can I add these lines to the code?

Hi @exibexi !
You can replace the lines from src.core.bot_app import start_app with the above 2 lines of code.

1 Like

Sorry for the stupidity, but I’ve been scratching my head over this error since morning.

@exibexi Ok, I’ve got it:

with open('src/core/bot_app.py' ):
  start_app()

Hope this helps!
Note: This was a nudge by ChatGPT, an AI. iT did not write this code, but I shortened it and adapted it. (I added a slash in my own idea, it removed it, making it work)

1 Like

The following error has appeared

Am I doing something wrong?

Try removing the with block from before, then run poetry remove src

1 Like

You should put __init__.py files in src and src/core, and this will fix the problem. Then in main.py, revert the code back to the original imports you used.
In python, never forget to put an __init__.py file in all of your packages! This will help python more easily find your package.
Definitely don’t use open() as a way to import python files!

What caused the ModuleNotFoundError?
Checking a hidden directory .pythonlibs/lib/python3.10/site-packages, we see there is a different unrelated src package that python has been importing. This other package obviously doesn’t contain a core package, so an error occurs.
In the shell, we can easily debug the problem. This also showed in the error message in post 7.

import src
print(src.__file__)
# home/runner/PricklyMiniatureCache/.pythonlibs/lib/python3.10/site-packages/src/__init__.py

By adding an __init__.py file to our src, python can ‘see’ it before the other src package (simplification).
Now it’s correct and everything works:

import src
print(src.__file__)
# home/runner/PricklyMiniatureCache/src/__init__.py
2 Likes