Mod Maker Collab

I am wondering if anyone would be interested in a mod maker template that you can include in your game and people can make mods while running the Repl. I am imagining it saving the function of things (like in a simulator people can make new items, new functions, etc.) and it saving to a JSON where people can use the mod and it refers back there. The creator of the game can customize the things people can do to make mods, but we can make the main bulk.

We will be using Python to make it for Python text based games.

If you have any ideas or questions or want to join reply and I can help. Hopefully we can make this, as I think it would be a cool thing to make and use.

(I also have a name idea ModersPlayground) People can use this in there games to allow modding capabilities.

2 Likes

So, you are making a template that allows you to customize the game? What language would this be in, and what are some examples of this happening?

@python660

People could use it in their games to allow people to create modifications to the game that people can play.

1 Like

so an example could be a text adventure but people can customize characters, description, etc?

@python660 no just text based games in general like for instance a simulator game.

The creator would be able to decide what could be customized. For instance it was a simulator game you could make new items and decided what they do or price or etc.

1 Like

So what exactly are we making? A “game engine”?

1 Like

@QwertyQwerty88 no, we are making a thing where people can make mods to game using the template, the creator of the game using the template would decide what functions can be used to make the mods.

1 Like

And so people can make mods without making their own fork?

2 Likes

@QwertyQwerty88 yes, it would make it easier, and people can have access to using multiple mods at the same time as well.

1 Like

And how would someone make a mod?

1 Like

@QwertyQwerty88 there would be a thing in the repl that would allow them to use certain function provided by the curator of the game that they could use to make them.

1 Like

oh so basically they can do “block coding” but blocks are defined by coder?

1 Like

I think I can. But I didn’t really understand what you mean by that. I just want to help.

2 Likes

@python660 its just certain functions as if they were to use raw python that could clash with current code.

If you want to join this project, select Join
  • Join
0 voters

Have you made the repl yet?

@SnakeyKing no I will be soon though, I haven’t had time.

Lol, for those who didn’t understand what @SalladShooter means, they want to collaborate on a game where users can make their own modifications, such as creating items, functions, etc. They also want to allow the uploading of JSON data, so people can easily mass-create, add, update, or delete various things. :man_shrugging:

He said it’s a template you can use to make games where users can make their own modifications

1 Like

Isn’t that just a “game engine” lol?