Lower Monthly Usage Budget Limit to 2$

Describe your feature request
Currently, the lowest monthly usage budget you can set is 10$, but that is a little high. I think that the usage budget limit should be lowered to 2$.
What problem(s) would this feature solve?
Many people across the platform want a lower usage budget.
Explain what you were trying to do when you came across the problem leading to this feature request
I was trying to help someone on Ask who couldn’t set the usage budget to 0$.

5 Likes

Might I ask, why 2? Seems arbitrary, and why not just lower to 0?

7 Likes

I find it ridiculous that two months after their mandated “premium hosting change”, they still have this situation going on… what happened? Why set a minimum for usage budget?

7 Likes

Because I doubt they will fully lower it.

5 Likes

It’s best if it’s 0, because some users might link their card for static deployments(free) but then get charged because their resources overflow.
If it’s 0, this unwanted transaction won’t happen.

5 Likes

But I think that’s the actual reason why replit put a minimum monthly usage budget.
Replit might not lower it to 0 because they could lose some money. They might lower it somewhat though.

It’s common for services to try to make people unknowingly spend money automatically.

2 Likes

I’d assume no significant amount, given the free deployment quotas.

And it shouldn’t be, that’s blatantly wrong to do IMO.

8 Likes

You know what else is blatantly wrong to do? Most of their decisions in the past year anyway

4 Likes

yeah, but it’s ALMOST like taking money away from a person without permission…

2 Likes

Similar to the Netlify incident when they charged 100K for a DDoS attack… will the same happen here?

4 Likes

I don’t know… but look at this

1 Like

They still haven’t even fixed it either…

1 Like