Loading Screen Loop

Bug description:
I have a Teams for Edu account where I have two active teams within my Education Organization, both comprised of students enrolled in one of my AP CompSci classes. However, there are at least three students whose accounts when they try to load a project it stalls on the white loading screen in an infinite spinning loop.

Expected vs Current Behavior:
The expected behavior is for the Repl to fully load allowing the students to see the files, code, and console/shell panels. What currently happens is the student clicks on a Repl, the dark mode loading screen appears for a second, then the Replit IDE flashes for a second, and then the while loading screen appears and just sits there and runs until you close the tab/browser.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Log into Replit using the “Continue with Google” button and login to Replit Account.
  2. Go into Teams for Edu Education Organization and the assigned team.
  3. Click on a Replit project that is listed there and then for those students having the issue this is where the issue occurs.

Bug appears at this link:
https://replit.com/@2023-24-ap-csp/Count-by-Sevens

Screenshot(s)/Screen Recording:

Browser/OS/Device: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/119.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Replit Profile: https://replit.com/@DavidTrower

My students are having this exact issue. It’s intermittent but persistent, only affects some students and doesn’t seem to have a pattern.

Glad to hear I am not the only one that is having students with this issue. I had a couple of students log into a different Windows machine and into the Chromebooks and the issue followed them no matter what device they were logging into and attempting to use. So to me that indicates it is account specific.

1 Like

Thanks, somehow I missed seeing that post when I was looking to make sure mine was a duplicate.

I just tested with the three students that were having the issue in my class, and for all three of them the issue is now resolved, so it does appear that the issue with those that joined the Edu Team using a private join link was the culprit.

1 Like

Cross-posting the solution from that topic:

1 Like