I have already requested a bounty, but the creator has not responded to my request, nor can he receive the Repl link for my project

Why when applying for a bounty the only confidential information that can be given is the email address?

Why can’t we (Hunters) send a private link (Invitation) from the Repl with the reward solution to the creator?

2 Likes

I think you’ve misunderstood the way bounties work on Replit. When you apply for a bounty, you are simply applying to work on that bounty. If you’re application is accepted, then you can submit your solution when done and the poster will accept it or reject it and request some changed.

6 Likes

Why all this bureaucracy?

Why not just send a “Private join link” to the bounty creator right away when applying?

The impression I have is that the current system is biased and forces bounty hunters to humiliate themselves in order to be accepted:

“Please accept me, I have 10 years of experience and two degrees, I do whatever you want, I am your slave”

2 Likes

@not-ethan Please look this.

2 Likes

Please do not ping me or others unless we have participated in the topic or said otherwise. Either way there is nothing to look into since this is how the boutny system is supposed to work. If you want you can complete the bounty and link to a repl or something but no guarantee you will be accepted to do the work or anything

6 Likes

Because then, the poster could just copy the code and not pay the hunter.

No? You can use MattDESTROYER’s guide on making a good bounty application:

As Ethan said, please don’t unnecessarily ping people.

7 Likes

Why wouldn’t the bounty creator pay?
Doesn’t the money stay with Replit?
So obviously the company (Replit) forces the bounty creator to choose a winning bounty hunter.

2 Likes

In the current model, the bounty creator can simply choose a programmer friend and pay him through Replit, disregarding the other hunters.

2 Likes

Thats not allowed since it boosts your bounty stats and when that happens and its reported we handle accordingly.

7 Likes

Please talk to your superiors to cut red tape.

You’re not dealing with big Wall Street executives, we’re as young as you (or maybe younger), we don’t need all that formality, do you remember the “Hacker Manifesto” Ethan?

3 Likes

I do not work for Replit and I am a community member like you. The only difference is that I have been here a long time and have been trusted enough to be a moderator.

I know many are teenagers (some choose to share the age publicly) and all of this is needed otherwise a lot of people will do these big projects thinking they will get the cycles then they wont. I know not all bounties are big far from all are but even 500 cycles is a lot to many.

Yes I do. I don’t see how it applies here though

7 Likes

Bounty posters pick the best hunters in a selective process they can’t just choose the first person to send a private invite to them

3 Likes

A lottery or meritocracy?

4 Likes

Definitely meritocracy

The problem with that is that people get put higher up on the list if they are “Verified Hunters” even if they haven’t completed any bounties!

3 Likes