I am re-writing a Replit course shell for Java for a high school course which was started by Brendon McCart in your Curriculum Hub.
I find it useful when I want to create a similar lesson to the last one, to use Copy into the same course team and unit. When this happens, I have a problem with the formerly “hidden” files becoming un-hidden. I can reset this in the menu, but the next time I open the lesson it forgets and un-hides them again; and it un-hides them for the students as well.
Example click here.
If this is a bug, it is an annoying one. If it is a feature, how do you turn it off?
Hey @MrKingICS welcome to the forums!
You are able to edit the
.replit file to hide any file you want. Also the page you liked brings me to a 404 error. If the repl is part of a team for EDU we wont be able to access it.
Any file I want? How about the .replit file itself? That, and replit.nix?
Those should be hidden by default and I don’t think it can be changed. If its being shown that’s a bug.
This is the problem. I can “hide hidden files” in the menu, but it is forgotten about by the next time the page loads. This seems to affect lessons I have copied under teams for edu.
Im assuming that that is in the file explorer. If so I will need to investigate.
It’s a bug that’s been there for a while. I submitted a bug report some time ago.
Didn’t you get any reply by Replit Staff?
No. I submitted it through the old Feedback option.
@hugoondev I believe someone replied through other channels some time ago, and I was told that the problem was that, for whatever reason, when copying a repl from another team, it sometimes gets copied to a repl that has no language definition. The side effect is that there are a lot of formerly hidden files that will tend to show up in the file explorer on the left sidebar. So I then have to zip the files I want into an archive, then create a repl for Java. Once done I upload and unzip the files into the new repl, delete the zip, delete the undefined repl, and all is fixed.
So, it can be repaired, but it does take a fair bit of time, since this happened to several of my repls.