How do we turn off automatic code suggestions and that pop-up block in 100 Days?

Describe your feature request
When I am working in the 100 Days of Code there is a feature which suggests code and it pops up and spoils the fun of figuring it out yourself. I’d like to turn that off.

There also is a pop-up window that appears whenever it thinks you’re typing something that resembles a feature within Python. For instance, when you type in answer. Before you can even type the s in answer it thinks you might be typing and so it brings up an anoying window that blocks your view telling you what the and boolean is for.

What problem(s) would this feature solve?
Turning off these suggestions would make coding a lot more fun.

Explain what you were trying to do when you came across the problem leading to this feature request
Typing anything that starts to resemble a Python feature it tries to guess what you’re doing and begins to spam you with information about what it thinks you’re doing.

Replit Profile: https://replit.com/@RockyFR

Hi @RockyFR , welcome to the forums!
You mean the AI Autocomplete? You can go to Tools > User Settings > AI Autocomplete > Off and you won’t have the code appearing.
You can always turn it on anytime.
Hope this helps!

2 Likes

Thats going to help but the bigger issue is the hits and suggestions that pop up right where I’m typing. Code intelligence switch might handle that problem.

Code Intelligence being disabled also removes some syntax highlighting but it decreases some RAM/CPU usage.

I can not find that Tools > User Settings > AI Autocomplete > Off

Are you using mobile or laptp? It doesn’t appear on mobile IIRC.

Not sure if you ever got an answer to this, but I’ve just found the ‘Tools’ button at the bottom-left of the repl page in the sidebar under your files. Just click on:

Tools > User Settings

Then scroll down to disable the AI setting in the menu.

That’ll auto-expand the tools menu at the bottom of the page.

They said they couldn’t find it there, meaning they’re probably on mobile where the toggle is in a different place.

From the desktop browser follow the steps shown in the screenshot

sir there is no option like that on replit web

I’m on Replit mobile web, and this is what I see:

If this isn’t what you see, could you send a screenshot of what you see?

2 Likes