How can i run a script 24/7

how can i run my script 24/7 for free (for a discord bot)

If you are just using a script, you can use Replit’s always on upgrade to run it 24/7. If you don’t want to pay, open a http port and ping the repl using UptimeRobot or other services for pinging.

1 Like

You probably need to look at deployments as “always on” is not truly always on (something that bothers me) TBH

1 Like

Try Heroku if you want to take the time to set it up, check the pricing just to be sure.

no its not free anymore

darn, why are so many places switching to paid. tsk tsk, capitalism sucks

1 Like

Somebody needs to pay the bill … if you want not to see the bill, get a low power computer board and make a server using ddns as a way to overcome the variable up address.
But that will eventually hit your connection limitations in term if traffic as well … so bills are unavoidable.
Best is ti make something that pays for itself.

Well, i’d say a Raspberry Pi (3 A+) would be a good choice.

1 Like

can u send a tutorial with pictures please

The methods mentioned by that post no longer function. You’ll now have to deploy your Repl.

ok thx for your help

I have a question. my friend made a repl a worf.repl.co and its not always on and I think he’s getting it for free but when I make a reple its repl.dev I was wondering how to get the other like my friend for free of charge

1 Like

The repl.co URLs are identical in function to the replit.dev URLs, they do not stay open when the editor closes.

1 Like

ok thx but I was wondering anyway

1 Like