How can I run a Repl, by it's cover page?

Question:
How can I run a Repl, by it’s cover page?

Where and what the bug appears:

On every Repl’s cover page, the run button didn’t appear. It only show the code! It won’t be able to run the Repl by its cover page.

Screenshot:
`

1 Like

Hey @RyanHung3 welcome to the forums!

The Run button no longer exists. Due to recent changes you will have to Fork unless the creator Deploys the Repl, in which case you will have to get the link to the deployed program. These changes apply to normal console based programs like Python, C, etc. too, but there is no way to deploy them unless you set up some kind of server to run it (like Flask for Python) and use an Autoscale Deployment.

7 Likes

It’s deployments always free?

Static deployments are free IF you connect a credit card AND do not exceed your egress limit (see replit.com/account#resource-usage). There is a spending limit but the minimum limit is $10 (which means you can still be charged $10 if a ton of users flood your site). Spending limits apply to all forms of deployments.

Reserved VM deployments are not free and must be paid for.

Autoscale VMs are included with the Replit Core plan, which is paid.

Static is HTML/CSS/JS
Autoscale is something with a backend (e.g., a Flask or NodeJS server)
Reserved VM is just that – a reserved virtual machine which will be always on and can run a backend like autoscale.

1 Like

Why would Replit change the hosting?

probably because of financial reasons and having different ideas for what replit should be, but I don’t there is a public explanation

i thought they fixed/changed that?

The same reason for everything… Greed

They said they were going to IIRC but they haven’t yet. I just confirmed.

how do you guys know all of this i have a long way to go

1 Like

We know all of this because we’ve been here for a long time. If you read enough posts on this forum you start to remember things. Plus I have Core so I can look in my personal account settings to confirm things like this.

5 Likes

ah that makes sense now

3 Likes

WHYYYYYYYYYY my whole school is mad @ this they should undo this. its so stupid. y would u do this replit

but y would they do this???

…money? financial gain?

we need to force them to bring it back guys

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.