Helping a friend

Hi I want to teach my friend who codes in C how to code in Python but I don’t know anything about C so I cant compare them to help him out so can someone help me teach him

1 Like

The step from C to Python shouldn’t be that hard (my personal experience), so you could just start from scratch, covering the basics, without referencing any C. My guess would be that your friend will make fast progress.

Another option: why don’t you start learning C from them while teaching Python. You could do little projects in both, C and Python, and explore the differences together.

9 Likes

so you’re saying either don’t reference C at all or we teach each other and find out the differences together? (just trying to get clarification this isn’t meant to sound rude)

6 Likes

Yeah, I think that’s a good approach.

4 Likes

alright I’ll try it and see how it works

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply: Yes, that’s exactly what I meant. If you are running out of ideas for small challenges, you could look into Exercism’s Python track, which also provides explanations for a few fundamental Python concepts.

3 Likes

ok I’m probably going to start him off with Hello world

2 Likes

correction he uses css

1 Like

CSS is not similar to Python. It is a stylesheet language that defines the appearance of something.
Just start from the beginning.

8 Likes

Oh, CSS? So… not C.

W3Schools is a handy resource in this case.

2 Likes

CSS isn’t a programming language so it isn’t comparable to Python.

4 Likes

so I should start him off from scratch?

4 Likes