forkedFrom - data API request

Describe your feature request
Could you provide a “forkedFrom” attribute on data.currentRepl in the API, to allow fetching the “parent” repl this one was forked from?

What problem(s) would this feature solve?
I would like to build a distributed game of sorts that involves devs forking their own repls to play. It would have a hierarchical aspect to it, where the forked repl looks for its own parent and connects to it.

Explain what you were trying to do when you came across the problem leading to this feature request
Reading the documentation and found that what I was looking for was not available.

1 Like

Documentation? Do you get documentation to Replit’s API as a Replit Patron??? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

uhhh I’m not sure actually :laughing: I just was referring to this page: https://docs.replit.com/extensions/api/data

1 Like

No, only admins and site mod are allowed the schema and have docs.

@nleves so this is a feature request for Replit Extensions? Use the extensions category and ask for stuff there.

2 Likes

You can already see what Repl another Repl is forked from. But I can’t be bothered to check what properties it was, plus Replit isn’t very happy with us using their GraphQL APIs.