First Time Using Replit - Can't install Package (Solana)

Question:
This is my first time trying to use Replit. I am trying to install the package, Solana, but the package install doesn’t work.

Repl link:

code snippet

Hey, @DigitalTrophies welcome to the forums!

Can you please provide a link to the repl? This way it is easier for staff and members of the community to help you!

Also see this guide on how to share your code:

Thank you so much for the reply. I haven’t really started building it yet, as I know I need to install the Solana package.

Here’s a link, however, to what I am about to get started on.

https://replit.com/@DigitalTrophies/WalletQuery

I’m sure I’m already doing something wrong, and I haven’t really even started! lol Appreciate the reply, and any tips you can provide…

1 Like

Try pip install solana in the shell

IIRC it doesn’t work in the Console, and you need to run it in the Shell.

sorry I misstyped xD

Thank you both so much! See, I’m learning about Replit. I used the shell and got it installed. Import now works. Thanks!

I am now getting the error that I was getting when trying to build this in VS Code (which is why I decided to try Replit in case I had something improperly configured in my local venv).

Now, when I run this, I get I receive this:

for account in data[“data”]:
KeyError: ‘data’

Again folks, I realize these are likely rookie mistakes, and a big part of my learning process. I really appreciate you taking the time to help me with this! I feel once I get some of this up and running, I’m going to really enjoy coding!

1 Like

Did you create the data key?

I’ve got this line:

data = response.json()

What is the contents of data?

1 Like

Thank you all for the help. Since the original concern was addressed, I have flagged the solution. Should I need additional support with the code, I’ll create a thread more relevant to that topic. Thanks again!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.