Error code: PR_CONNECT_RESET_ERROR all of a sudden for flask app that worked previously with no changes

Problem description

I’m running a simple python flask app https://replit.com/@mrcarter7/CombatEngine#main.py

It was working fine yesterday but today it doesn’t work as it gives me the following error when I try to run the app:

~~~~~~ START: ERROR BELOW ~~~~~
Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to 639ca882-e6d1-4fa6-a2a1-e3f0e37aa6c2-00-2kvnnxbccf8gx.picard.replit.dev. PR_CONNECT_RESET_ERROR

Error code: PR_CONNECT_RESET_ERROR

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
    Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.
~~~~~~ END: ERROR ABOVE ~~~~~

The encapsulated error above shows in the replit browser when I try to run the above-linked flask app I made in python

I’m using Firefox on Windows 10

Expected behavior

Run without issue

Actual behavior

Presents Error code: PR_CONNECT_RESET_ERROR when I try to run the flask app

Steps to reproduce

1. Open the linked replit https://replit.com/@mrcarter7/CombatEngine#main.py
  2. Try to run
  3. Observe the error

Browser

Firefox

OS

Windows 10

Device if mobile

N/A

Plan

Free

Update: when disabling the Avast web shield it seems to start working again. I obviously do not want to keep this off - and this replit use to work (yesterday) even with Avast web shield enabled. Just thought this information may help someone provide an answer. I’m assuming something changed on replit’s side with their certificate.

1 Like

Forking your repl works and running it works for me, so it’s probably not a code issue. [1] Try making sure that you are connecting to Replit’s closest server:

1. Go here
  2. Change “Your Server Location”.

1. Please also change this topic’s category to Replit Help. ↩︎

1 Like

Thanks for the tip - I think you’re right - it shouldn’t be a code issue - I tested it in VSCode and ran it in docker and it works fine there too.

I did make sure my preferred server location is set to North America but it still fails.

Could you provide a screenshot or a screen recording of the issue?

How to Screenshot on Windows

You can screenshot on Windows by pressing Windows + Shift + s.

I think this is the same problem here: URL Blacklisted Issue with React Project - Seeking Help and Guidance - #3 by IsmaelBenavente

I’ll look to see if I can add an exception for replit.dev

Is there a way to know when replit will be added to the public suffix list?