Drag to change parent of file!

Being able to drag and drop anything like a file or folder into another folder on mobile like how you can do it on a PC (if not drage amd drop then in some other way but please do it)

It will solve the problem of jot being able to move files into other folders from here to there on mobile if you can’t currently get on your PC or for any other reason.

I was trying to put and image file into a folder after uploading it (I was doing this on the mobile)

You can’t do the above when on mobile weather it is on the mobile app or on chrome if it is opened on a mobile.

6 Likes

Welcome to the community! Nice idea by the way :smiley:

2 Likes

This is a good feature request. But for now, you can use the Shell and use the mv command to move files from one folder to another.

5 Likes

Thanks!! I was looking for a way to move a file on my mobile device, How did I forget about shell…

3 Likes

Hey, that works perfectly fine, but it doesn’t actually update the file location on the actual .repl.co website itself. (I’ve also had this issue when pulling an update from git)

1 Like

Open and edit In the sidebar, rename and then rename back any moved files / files not created in the IDE, then Run

2 Likes

I think this should be a separate bug report, but I’ve noticed that any files not created by someone in the Replit editor (for example pulling from Git, or running build scripts that generate files) don’t get served properly in HTML Repls.

2 Likes