Domain linking not working, not sure why

Trying to link my domain to a page I’ve created on repl, and theres a message on repl that says “Currently, your domain is either not returning any records, or something is getting in the way of our verification process.”
Does this mean there’s a problem or do I just have to wait? It does say that domains can take 48 hours to link, but the domain is already showing as being linked at ‘whatsmydns.net
Any help is appreciated

What DNS are you using? If it’s cloudflare you need to add a TXT record with the replit verify data

2 Likes

What record are you using for your domain, you may want to try a different record if that record does not work.

1 Like

Its not cloudflare, but I did add a TXT anyway so that shouldn’t be a problem I’d have thought?

How do I do that? Repl just provides one CNAME record for a given domain name as far as I understand?

correct, if you have added both the CNAME and the TXT record it should be working, how long has it been since you added the domain, it can take a few hours sometimes for the DNS to notice the rules have changed, and even longer for replit to start honoring that. Most of them time it works in a few minutes but I’ve had a couple domains I’ve linked that took overnight to actually start working. I think this is an issue on replits side.

1 Like

I added it this morning so about 5 hours ago now, hopefully it starts working soon! Still says “Currently, your domain is either not returning any records, or something is getting in the way of our verification process.” now.
Whenever I type in the original repl URL it takes me to the site, but when I type in the new domain I get an “ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR”. Also ive just realised that the txt and cname are linking to different names. the cname is for home.{domain} whereas ive made the TXT for www.{domain}. Thats what the problem is isnt it?

It’s working now, thanks for your help!

Got it working now, was me being stupid and using two different hostnames! Thanks for your help