Deployment server

Question:
my question is when I deploy any of my repls there are an issue that happens anytime I redeploy to update anything on code all database stored on the time that deployment server work disappeared do I need to make my database online or smth because all my database are within the same file as the repl it self so they doesn’t updated when the deployment server on but the thing that need to be shown when deployment work it show everything like it updated and when I use command that show what database it show the last moment of data but once I redploy all gone like they only registered somewhere in the deployment server it self instead of the repl idk what is that so if you have any idea let me know!! thx in advance :smile_cat:
Repl link/Link to where the bug appears:

Screenshots, links, or other helpful context:
example of one of the database

conn = sqlite3.connect('failed_hunts.db')
cursor = conn.cursor()
cursor.execute('''CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS failed_hunts
    (username TEXT, failed_hunts INTEGER, date DATE)''')

:sweat_smile: :handshake:t4:

Hey @Rmysimple!

Can you please provide a link to the repl? This way it is easier for staff and members of the community to help you!

Also see this guide on how to share your code:

https://replit.com/@Rmysimple/Huntdata?s=app

I don’t think this is currently possible, as deployments do not have persistent file systems.

2 Likes

so I cannot use deployment to save anything on real time on database :smiling_face_with_tear:

no, but consider using an external db solution which is persistent

2 Likes

@Rmysimple With sqlite3, mysql, or any other SQL database that is hosted in a file, that is correct. Consider using an external provider, like Neon, to make a free PostgreSQL database.