Day 098 - Project 98 : Automate! Automate!

If you have any questions, comments, or issues with this project please post them here!

Question on the use of time.sleep to reduce CPU usage: Let’s say I want the program to email me every 30 minutes. What’s the proper way to set up time.sleep() in this case?

More specifically:

• Do I need to set the argument within time.sleep() as a divisor of the every() argument? So lets say every 15 minutes (900 seconds) or exactly every 30 minutes (1800 seconds)?
  • Or can I set the time.sleep to eg 29 minutes (1740 seconds).
  • Or does setting time.sleep() at 29 minutes make the while True “miss” the scheduled email send?

Hopefully this questions makes sense…

Hey @BrianSze,

if it was me, since you’re using time.sleep I would do :

time.sleep(1800)

I think that would be perfect!

1 Like

Fair point. :slight_smile: Thanks!

Did Gmail disable the ability to create app passwords? I couldn’t follow along with my gmail account.

Also, the quote list referenced in the Day 98 Challenge does not appear to be included in my Day 98 lesson.

1 Like

Hello, my day 98 got flagged too 4 times… anyone can help me where I can see the reason or who can I contact regarding my flagged repls (help is redirecting me here) although its not that big deal to me but I need to know why its being flagged?.. no communication made to me before the flag and the reasons why its flagged is not visible to me too… My code is literally made from what I learned along the way for the past day challenges.

Hoping Replit share the reason to me.

Thanks,
Repolyo

Hi Repolyo! We were testing a moderation tool and it flagged your Repl as spam because there are many other similarly published Days of Code Repls. This was not your fault and you did nothing wrong, it’s on our end. Feel free to re-publish and sorry for the inconvenience!

4 Likes

I thought it was something else, Thank you :pray: RayAtReplit for sharing :pray: God bless you.

Hi @RayAtReplit, sorry to bother you but both are still being flagged after re-publishing them like 4 times in one publish. Should I wait until it get fixed?. Let me know your reco for my end here🙏. Thank you.

1 Like

I am struggling to generate an app password for gmail and yahoo mail can anyone assist?

I am struggling with this issue, have you figured it out?

I never found a solution for this with gmail, unfortunately. I ended up just printing outputs instead.

3 Likes

No they haven’t!
To generate an app password for Gmail, you can follow these steps:

1. Open a web browser and go to your Gmail account (www.gmail.com).
  2. Sign in to your Gmail account using your email address and password.
  3. Once you are signed in, click on your profile picture or initials at the top right corner of the Gmail interface.
  4. In the dropdown menu, click on “Google Account.”
  5. This will take you to your Google Account settings page. In the left-hand menu, click on “Security.”
  6. Scroll down to the “Signing in to Google” section and click on “App Passwords.”
  7. If prompted, re-enter your Google account password for security verification.
  8. On the “App Passwords” page, you will need to select the app and device for which you want to generate the password. If the app or device you want to use is not listed, you may need to select “Other (Custom Name)” and enter a name for it.
  9. After selecting the app and device, click on the “Generate” button.
  10. Google will generate a unique 16-character password for the selected app and device. Make sure to keep this password secure.
  11. Use the generated app password when prompted to sign in to your Gmail account from the specific app or device.
1 Like

a few points from me.
I finished the challenge but I have some remarks.
Its not clear where the text file for the challenge is.
I found it in the “.tutorial” folder.
Also the link to fork the solution is not working.

1 Like

can anyone tell me what is wrong with this?

https://replit.com/@Sai-GiridharGi1/Day-98100Days#main.py