Crashing purchase Cycles page

Problem description:
Error message is produced when the “other” section in “My Cycles” is overloaded with a large number

Expected behavior:
normally the site would not produce a error message and there would be a cap as to max amount of purchasable cycles via a cap on the amount of integers you can put in

Actual behavior:
when putting in a large number it genenrates error message

Steps to reproduce:
to the “My Cycles” page and then under the Choose Amount click “Other…” within the prompt box that pops up and says “How many Cycles?” hold down 9 so it spams the box and cause the error message
Bug appears at this link:
Replit - 500 - Replit

Browser/OS/Device:
Microsoft Edge
Windows 10

Problem description:
When you go to the buy cycles page, you can crash replit.

Expected behavior:
Multiplies the amount of cycles by 0.01.

Actual behavior:
Crashes.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open this link.
  2. Press other.
  3. Put in an insane amount of cycles (Like 999999999999)
  4. Replit crashes.

Bug appears at this link:
https://replit.com/cycles/buy

Browser/OS/Device:
Browser: Latest version of google chrome
Device: MSI Katana GF66

So replit should go free :smiley:

2 Likes

I mean, to be fair I seriously doubt anyone is legitimately going to purchase that many cycles, but also I get this error message when I click buy, the page doesn’t seem to crash: Maximum amount is 1,000,000 Cycles. ($10,000 US worth of cycles… 999999999999 cycles is actually $10 billion US… so there is almost no chance anyone will ever enter that number legitimately anyway).

1 Like

I get the same result.

Mine says that the maximum amount of cycles is 1M, but no crashes.

2 Likes

Who is ever going to buy these many cycles in one go?

4 Likes

No one will buy that many cycles, but its bug as replit is not supposed to crash.

Mine definitely crashes. “Error 500”. . . though still, why would anyone to literally spend that much money on cycles!

1 Like

I can’t reproduce this error, could either of your maybe send a screen recording using Loom or a similar service?

No one would, but its not supposed to do that.

Um, about that, I just spammed 9s, and after the number of nines reached over 10, replit crashes.

Same, just click the other option and spam 21 9s and it’ll crash (and for some reason round the 9s to 10 and add 20?)

What do you mean by that?

1 Like

When you get to around 16 it rounds all the 9s up by 1 cycle and at the end of the huge number adds 20, so that now each 9 you enter is replaced with a 0

Oh, that’s. . . weird. Somehow, I didn’t notice that when I was spamming nines.

I will if I can find my mum’s credit card.

Hey @brianyan99!

Thank you for reporting this issue. I was able to reproduce this and have sent this to the team.

4 Likes

We have recently rolled out a fix for this. If you’re still seeing issues, please do let me know!

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.