Close tab button moved

Description of the problem (please keep it simple and short):
The close tab button moved from the right to the left, and honestly, it looks awful.
If it’s here to stay, please at least fix the uneven spacing…

What areas or features are involved?
Workspace/IDE

8 Likes

Oh… it does need to be reverted. We’re so used to the X on the other side!

8 Likes

Edit: Oh there’s a topic for this already

7 Likes

Exactly! If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

5 Likes

I used the stylish extension to change them back lol

.os-viewport .css-v5iw0c {
  min-width: fit-content;
}

.os-viewport .css-36v8q4 {
  order: 3;
  opacity: 1 !important;
}

.os-viewport .css-131tbim {
  order: 2;
}
8 Likes

I use Firefox, but I use the desktop app mostly anyway

6 Likes

Looks like it’s fixed, but you can’t close the active tab anymore (without opening the context menu)???

5 Likes

wdym? that looks the same as my screenshot

5 Likes

This looks bad, like really bad:

• The spacing now feels wrong because text is cramed up on the right.
    Screenshot 2024-02-17 081514

• If i am using replit in a web browser like chrome, firefox, etc I want the close button on the same side as the browser so my brain does not need to flip every time I want to close a tab in the browser or in replit.

9 Likes

I’m not used to this update at all. I keep moving the sideways scroll on the tab name to click the X, then realising that it isn’t there.

9 Likes

@LuisAFK where’s xl replit, we need.

6 Likes

likely banned because if they don’t allow mutations I’d doubt they would allow flags so loosely

3 Likes

hmm I use middle mouse to close tabs (triple tap on trackpad). But the spacing could be fixed.

3 Likes

Nvm, im just blind and thought the X was for the not selected tab.

3 Likes

Every other thing thats tabs with an x has the x on the right, browsers, other IDEs, etc. So something like this that adds friction to when I am developing something in Replit make annoy me enough over time to stop using Replit to dev anything and only use other things.

4 Likes

well, except for macos close buttons, but they are entirely different and imo get a pass. Here, a gross abomination.

6 Likes

Having just given it a spin real quick, I personally don’t mind it too much; it’s the visual appeal that makes it bad. The hiding it when not hovered over thing is a cool idea, but it just looks like an uneven margin. Maybe if it was centered and slid over the tab text and icon on hover it’d be pretty decent-looking?

7 Likes

This has been fixed for me :confetti_ball:

5 Likes

Well, now it’s back on the left…
I’ve been bamboozled

Edit:
Guys, I tell you, Replit’s messing with me, it’s fixed again >;

5 Likes