[Christmas Themed] MusiGuesser v2.0

What’s that song called?

That’s right, your favorite (hopefully) song-guessing trivia game is back! Test your musical knowledge of hit christmas tunes on MusiGuesser while raking in the most points as possible! Play by yourself or with friends, or even in an underground tournament!

Your goal is to guess the song name and artist correctly, racking up points as you do. Even if your don’t get the exact spelling, our complex algorithms will compare your answers and the original song name and artist, and assign a total point value ranging from 0 to 2500, compensating for typos when necessary.

Introducing, MusiGuesser!

https://musiguesser.vercel.app

https://musiguesser.python660.repl.co

A shout-out to Spotify for powering this app!

Algorithm:

5 Likes

Interesting idea. It seems to load the song index for a very long time.

1 Like

try again, i was doing some minor tinkering! (better randomization, etc).

1 Like

Wow, this is awesome. Keep getting random remixes of popular songs so I don’t know the author XD

3 Likes

btw replit’s iframe seems to be causing the issue. I’ll fix it now

Woo I got 17292 pts!
Btw @python660 Maybe use the clean version of the songs? Some songs are explicit and may make the listener uncomfortable. It may get flagged.
Also, maybe a little CSS?
And, maybe make a longer list of songs, then remove it from the list with each listen of the song. Then, upon finishing the list, the game has ended and that’ll be your final score.

2 Likes

When you open the website, there’s an alert saying to disable explicit songs…

Nice concept but the way you used confirm prompts for settings is a little confusing; a little panel that opens up with preference toggles when the settings button is pressed would make more sense, but I understand if the system was a bit makeshift

2 Likes

In my algorithm, I made it so that each song has to go once (shuffled playlist has to go all the way through) and then it’ll shuffle again and then restart the playlist.

Also, I’m planning on adding that next, along with a preferences pane!

I suck at finding inspiration… But at least its better than spotify.python660.repl.co!

1 Like

same, and I generally suck at css too

html {
  color-scheme: dark light;
}

lol, does that actually do anything?

yes, if your browser settings are set to dark (which they should be)

1 Like

NO. I mean…not always. Light gives me inspo. Dark gives me like, negative inspiration.

Oh yes, I forgot to include a short description:

Your goal is to guess the song name and artist correctly, racking up points as you do. Even if your don’t get the exact spelling, our complex algorithms will compare your answers and the original song name and artist, and assign a total point value ranging from 0 to 2500, compensating for typos when necessary.

1 Like

Can you maybe make a game that doesn’t require audio? (Something that came to mind was that game where you have to decide whether quotes are Edgar Allan Poe book quotes, or Taylor Swift lyrics. :laughing:)

1 Like

hmm… that would be an entirely different project and my focus is still on song guessing, but if you’re up for the challenge, go for it!

BTW I came here to advertise my desmos:

This is my algorithm

2 Likes

I need to reload the page to see it. Clicking the link @python660 gave above won’t show that.
Btw I’m on mobile.

I loooooooove CSS. Just invite me to the repl and ill add some Austin magic!

Love the project, you can try to make us guess only by lyrics.

3 Likes

make sure you aren’t using “spotify.python660.repl.co” (I should add a deprecation notice there), but instead use musiguesser.python660.repl.co.

1 Like