Chat in Mobile App

Describe your feature request
I would like the Chat tool in the mobile app. It is frustrating as I have to use my laptop to do collabs with people. Since the mobile app is supposed to be efficient, this would be a useful feature.
What problem(s) would this feature solve?
It would solve the problem of the user taking time to use their laptop or PC to use the Chat tool.
Explain what you were trying to do when you came across the problem leading to this feature request
During collabs, it is difficult to code on my phone.

8 Likes

Just use Replit on the website
There’s no way this feature will be added to the mobile app

Why not? It’ll be pretty useful.

4 Likes

replit was built for coding and collaboration. why wouldn’t they?

5 Likes

Yes, I agree. I know the mobile app is under-developed and not as advanced as the website, but surely the Chat function is an important feature to add, no? If the Multiplayer tab is available in the app, why isn’t the Chat there? It is already obvious that they want multiple people to do collabs (one of the things that makes Replit stand out), but without Chat, communication is lost and will take time to use Chat in their PC or laptop. I sincerely hope that this feature can be added as soon as possible. :pray::pray::pray:
If you are supportive of this, please vote. I would really appreciate it!

4 Likes

Well, Glitch has collabs but no chat.
And barely anyone uses the app.

I agree. The mobile app is very basic right now and pretty much just an editor (and a public Repl runner with limited access and forking but not comments), so it would be great to see more features that currently require the website, because the UI is cramped when you’re on the mobile website. In the meantime, the website will be sufficient.

But yeah it’s not just Chat that needs to be added either. There needs to be many more features added from the website to the app.

6 Likes

Please can this be added soon? I’m losing out on collabs. This feature is vital.

4 Likes

May I know if this feature can be added? Maybe in the mobile web as well? Without this, I have to make my browser in Desktop mode to view the chat, then switch it back.

3 Likes

I doubt that they will add this given the lack of moderator attention, and due to the new changes, a GraphQL-based app for Replit Chat will not be possible either.

1 Like