Can't find the run button anymore?

I can’t find the Run button on any of the posted repls. it’s as if the Run button has completely disappeared. maybe I lack common intellect, but I’m at a loss here…

Replit Profile: https://replit.com/@grmcgregor

1 Like

Hey @grmcgregor welcome to the forums!

The Run button no longer exists. Due to recent changes you will have to Fork unless the creator Deploys the Repl, in which case you will have to get the link to the deployed program. These changes apply to normal console based programs like Python, C, etc. too, but there is no way to deploy them unless you set up some kind of server to run it (like Flask for Python) and use an Autoscale Deployment.

3 Likes

put the run button back. please, I don’t want to pay for replit core. I try to run other repls, and when I fork them, I don’t have enough space to use them. I think this is going to make you lose users because of a lack of free resources.

I am not Replit staff so I am unable to.

Replit staff hears everybody and I dont think they are going to revert these changes

4 Likes

I find it very dumb how the community section is still called a community section. It doesn’t promote new REPLs, the featured section has remained the same for months it feels like, you can’t comment, you can’t run REPLs unless you download or fork them. And to add insult to injury you are now forced to give your billing details to use REPL as a host which most people did use it for.

1 Like

Can anyone please confirm that the only way to run a student’s code / link directly without forking it is to pay for Replit Core$120 ???
It does not say this in the pricing information…
https://replit.com/pricing -
I only need to run it , nothing else from the Core offerings…

Hey @michaelxhermes welcome to the forums!

You do not need to purchase Core to run your students code. Have your students invite you to their Repls, you will then be able to run just fine without Forking. I hope this helps!

Thanks I will try this later.

Is it just one invite to their repl account (once) or an invite to each program link they send me?

It’s an invite for every program. Sadly there isn’t a workaround to this since Replit deprecated Teams for EDU (it still works right now) and is planning on removing it (students just had to be added to the class and work would show up for them, and once submitted teachers could grade). Core wouldn’t work any way if the student isn’t submitting websites since it has to be a website to deploy.

So the only way to do this would be to Join Core - then I could click run as we used to. For Python code not websites…

If there was a add on cost just to be able to run the code it would be ideal…

Or I could move to another online platform…

thanks anyway.

No, thats the opposite of what I said. You don’t need to join Core as it would only provide deployments for websites. Your students could invite you to every Repl but that’s tedious. If you want to move platforms I suggest GitHub Codespaces.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.