Can people see my unpublished projects?

When I make a project on replit and don’t publish it can other people see it?

1 Like

Short answer yes. The long answer is well it depends on how.

Before you publish a project it won’t appear on the community page or trending (I think). But it would still be visible on your profile unless you make the repl private.

1 Like

Also, even if the repl is private, if it’s a website then anyone with the link can access it

2 Likes

That’s not quite true @LuisAFK . If the Repl is private and hasn’t been shared with another user they should see a 404 error message. However if the Repl is in a Team it is not private, but it is hidden, so if someone has a link they can access it.

1 Like

Are you sure? If the Repl serves HTML content, than anyone should be able to access the actual site (not the Repl itself, but its HTML output through its URL replname.username.repl.co).

3 Likes

I agree @MattDESTROYER HTML content will be accessible through the hosted link but I thought the question was about a project (I’m inferring something like Python or C). Thank you for pointing out the answer depends on what the project is!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.