Announcing Ghostwriter Chat: A conversational AI that understands your codebase

Hey everyone!

We’re excited to announce Ghostwriter chat: The first conversational AI built right into your IDE, complete with a proactive Debugger.

Ghostwriter Chat will help you work faster and smarter, so you can get from ideation to production faster than ever before.

What can Ghostwriter Chat do for you?

• Collaborative chat in your IDE: Chat while coding and iterate suggestions by asking follow-up questions
  • Smart context on your codebase: Ask it about specific files and get relevant answers
  • Automatic bug fixes & error detection: Never miss a semicolon or search Stack Overflow again

You can purchase Ghostwriter today and receive limited-time access to Ghostwriter Chat while it is in Beta.

Thanks,
Conner @ Replit

6 Likes

Will ghost writer still cost 1,000 cycles a month? And will it stay the same for the foreseeable future?

3 Likes

Yes it will still cost 1,000 cycles per month! We’re just giving anyone who subscribes to Ghostwriter beta access to Ghostwriter Chat. We don’t plan on changing the pricing for Ghostwriter and Ghostwriter Chat will likely be its own separate product when it comes out of beta.

4 Likes

Any estimates on pricing if this happens? Like another 1k a month

2 Likes

Nothing to share on pricing yet. Right now, we’re mainly trying to gather learnings from giving people beta access.

3 Likes

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. Every price increase has a relatively equal revenue decrease.

2 Likes

How do i use, this looks mildly intresting

1 Like

Free conversational AI with tons of knowledge: https://replit.com/@PikachuB2005/PikaBot2005-An-AI-Comment-Bot?v=1

2 Likes

Im community banned bro (we just went over this)

it costs 10 dollars a month

I have ghostwriter. I was asking how to activate the menu thing.

1 Like
  • Collaborative chat in your IDE: Chat while coding and iterate suggestions by asking follow-up questions
  • Smart context on your codebase: Ask it about specific files and get relevant answers
  • Automatic bug fixes & error detection: Never miss a semicolon or search Stack Overflow again

Im asking about what key combo. I know what it can do.

Key combo? what do you mean?

What buttons do i need to press

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I don’t have it

Welcome to replit ask bro

If you have access to Ghostwriter, you should now be able to access Ghostwriter Chat in any Repl. You’ll find it under tools in the bottom left section of your Repl.

2 Likes

Thank you, I really needed help in python and stack overflow is mean to me :frowning:

Oh my god, i like ghostwriter chat more than normal ghostwriter! He’s epic! The only problem is when debugging he takes a long time to finish typing everything.