Allow switching between repl.co and replit.dev links in development

Describe your feature request
I want to be able to switch the dev preview between repl.co and replit.dev links.

What problem(s) would this feature solve?
No problems.

Explain what you were trying to do when you came across the problem leading to this feature request
I use a school-issued laptop, and as such, some links are blocked by the admin. They have whitelisted repl.co, but will not whitelist replit.dev. Having the option to switch between repl.co and replit.dev would allow me to continue working on my projects without having to wait until I get home to use a personal laptop.

2 Likes

If repl.co becomes functional again, schools are just as likely to stop whitelisting repl.co to stop you visiting 3rd party sites – the only reason I can think that the school would not whitelist replit.dev.
Possible solution: have a user ID at the end of the replit.dev URL, so that sites from school students can be whitelisted. And then, even better would be to bring back teams except the only functionality is the ID that you could share in repl.co URLs (this time for replit.dev).
Since many repls are HTML, Petition To Make inbuilt Live Preview Server! could also help.

6 Likes