Add advanced run

Describe your feature request
Add something like advanced run?

What problem(s) would this feature solve?
Likely adding command line arguments to it like this
Adding this, surely would solve all problems with testing CLI apps

Explain what you were trying to do when you came across the problem leading to this feature request
I’ve always need to write python main.py <arguments if i needed to add some arguments to my program.

1 Like

Can’t you run your command in the Shell?

4 Likes

if you want to customize your run command, you can open the “.replit” file (might be hidden) and look for the part that says python main.py. This is the command that will be run, and you can edit it to your liking.

4 Likes

The run variable is often absent from the most recent templates.

In the hidden .replit file, there is an entrypoint variable that specifies the file to be run if there is no run variable (the default).
Add a run variable to override this:

run = ["python", "-i", "main.py"]
# or
run = "python -i main.py"

Also note that you can manually edit sys.argv at the start of your program as it is mutable.

4 Likes

Honestly, i am looking for a GUI to likely edit .replit run args, not needing to aiways change args in .replit by myself if i need to

1 Like

I was working on an extension to edit .replit visually, but it’s not done yet.

1 Like

Didn’t that exist, like, years ago, then @haroon (may have been someone else, I forgor) made an extension remaking it?

4 Likes

Yeah. I still have the source code for it, it’s just Next.js doesn’t want to work in the built version (everything works in development).

4 Likes