Zoom for individual panels

Describe your feature request
Add the ability to change the zoom level/scale of individual panels. For example, I’d like to be able to make my code editor text smaller but my console text larger, and vice versa.

What problem(s) would this feature solve?
The size of the console text in particular can be challenging for students/users who are visually impaired and find it difficult to read small text. This also applies in education for the Markdown panel, for example for viewing README.md files where teachers often write program instructions, etc.

Explain what you were trying to do when you came across the problem leading to this feature request
Today I was helping a student in a class who has sight problems and needs all text on the screen to be blown up in size to read it. Without holding Ctrl and zooming the entire browser window, I could not find a way to adjust the scale/zoom of each individual panel on the side.

It was difficult for this student to read the console and the markdown instructions which are in the normal size, as they need it sized up. It’d be nice to be able to zoom each individual panel to a different level without having to universally zoom the browser window.

If there is already a way to do this which I am unaware about, I’d love to find out how. Otherwise, I think this feature would improve accessibility on Replit, particularly for those who find it difficult to see the text in various panels at the default size.

4 Likes