Would you join a well maintained Replit community chatroom?

The title says it all. Would you? It’d be unofficial but definitely is something I think is worth it since we could be honest about how we feel without fear of censorship. Well-maintained and professional chatroom with bridges and bots. One that supports its community rather than leaves its feedback brushed aside.

9 Likes

You can be honest on ask without fear of censorship as long as you’re on topic and not overly offensive or anything like that. There’s lots of conversation about for example dismounting the new UI for example, I even made a post about how I feel the 25% cashout fee for cycles from bounties is way too large a portion.

4 Likes

That’s partially true, but there’s also the desire for something suited for the short back-and-forth real-time messages that chatrooms bring. Especially with the whole Replit Discord fiasco, I feel like it’s time for a change.

2 Likes

This exists, you just need to reach TL3. You can privacy private message users or for TL3+ there’s a messages thing like your generic chat apps.

3 Likes

sighs there* c’mon MattMattMatt

1 Like

Could you elaborate on “your generic chat apps”?

Realtime messaging, no character limit, editing messages, etc. Just go to a discourse forum like https://forum.codergautam.dev/. You’ll see a little chat icon:

2 Likes

I think that might work. IDK for sure. It was 9pfs and youngchief that told me about it.

1 Like

It’s sort of like a bunch of group chats. (I’m not sure if I’m allowed to share much about these chats, I know some of them I’m 100% not.)

3 Likes

Yes you get even more of them than I do.

2 Likes

He only gets one more than us TL3s. TL4 lounge.

2 Likes

How would you know? You’re still TL3. Regardless somebody (I’m pretty sure Ethan) said that TL4+ gets access to special stuff that even we TL3s are clueless about.

3 Likes

I mean it’s a reasonable guess, if Qwerty didn’t already know about it…

3 Likes

Because I’m in 3 red chat channels and in 1 blue one. He’s in 3 red chat channels and 2 blue ones. I just assumed those red chat channels are the same ones I’m in. And I don’t know what it’s called, just said “TL4 lounge” because only TL4+ is allowed in it.

3 Likes

I’m in a one-on-one chat with Ethan. Neither of us knows where it came from :laughing: .

1 Like

The problem with the TL3 and above chats is that it excludes the general public.

2 Likes

That is both the problem and the benefit. Now what would be nice is if there was a general TL1 or 2+ chat and then also the higher-up chats. I learned today that Discourse meta unlocks a public chat at TL1.

3 Likes

It’s really not that hard to get TL3, though. Elijah got it back in a week after losing it because the requirements changed. Just be a helpful, honest person.

5 Likes

And whatever you do, don’t get suspended or banned or you have to wait like 6 months.

2 Likes

That still doesn’t solve the problem nor invalidates my point.

1 Like