Why cant i deploy for free

I am trying to deploy a web app(html) and i use to be able to share the link with my friends without a replit account so they could test the webapp now, but now there is static, and core(dont know what that is). Is there anyway i can still do what i used to do for free? I am still a teen and i dont want to shell out money just so i can let friends use a simple webapp.

ps. (Maybe replit should make a “Education account” that is free for school students including deployments and core)

2 Likes

Previously, Replit had the opportunity to deploy your project for free, whether it was a website or a bot. But now all deployments have become paid. At the moment, there is no way in Replit to show your site to others for free. If you absolutely do not want to pay for Replit, you need to look for another service.

If you still want to deploy your site, you can consider Static Deployment (if your site does not have a backend) or Autoscale Deployment (if there is a backend).

4 Likes

*Previously, Replit had no options for deployment at all, and hosting was unreliable.

3 Likes

The hosting was unreliable, but it was enough to just show your friends your site.

3 Likes

Replit used to have an Team for Education, for teachers and such. It didn’t include the paid plan though. But recently it was discontinued and will be fully removed later this year.

4 Likes

There is also the student benefits that you can get by doing whatever the thing with GitHub was, but I’m not sure if that still exists. If it does, it’s only a few months of private Repls IIRC.

3 Likes

*Unreliable, as it is now.

4 Likes

Newer hosting (deployments) is fairly reliable, especially when compared to old hosting.

6 Likes

Not in my opinion. Quite bad and unstable

1 Like

It’s not perfect by any means, but it generally seems more stable than what we used to have.

4 Likes

If you’re having issues with unreliable deployments @boston2029 , I’d be happy to take a look at your bug report. I’ve mostly heard good feedback so I’m curious if you have some cases we can investigate.

If you don’t have the time to reproduce the issues, that’s understandable, but we’re always happy to try and make the experience better.

2 Likes

I couldn’t agree more. My students use Replit and it’s ridiculous that they would have to pay for other people to be able to see their school projects.

1 Like

I have used replit to debug but deploy on Girhub pages or Netlify

GitHub Pages: Best for static websites, especially if you’re already using GitHub for version control. It’s completely free but lacks server-side capabilities, making it unsuitable for dynamic sites.

Netlify: Excellent for both static and dynamic sites with a seamless setup for continuous deployment from Git repositories. Offers features like serverless functions, which are great for dynamic content, and is highly scalable with a global CDN.

2 Likes

Worth checking this post out for static sites.

Make a GitHub account. They have free static hosting.

2 Likes