Which Syntax do you prefer?

• Python Syntax
  • Javascript Syntax
  • Java Syntax
  • C++ Syntax
  • None of the above
0 voters

I’m not talking about the speed, performance, etc. I’m only talking about the syntax.

2 Likes

AmongLang Syntax > Anything on that poll

Just look at this:

ඞSTRING SUSSY_STRING = "ඞ"

ඞECHOඞ SUSSY_STRING
6 Likes

I love the syntax of LOLCODE, but since it’s not on this list I will choose my beloved Python. :smile:

1 Like

Y’all weird. Assembly is just better.

1 Like

There’s an option for, “None of the above”…

If that said C, I’d agree just wait until that one moderator makes this topic slow mode, lol

1 Like

I’m adding C. Sorry about forgetting that important language lol. (nvm cannot edit poll after 5mins)

I prefer python syntax because it is easy.

3 Likes

JS syntax is better for me cuz you look smarter with it

1 Like

My favourites syntax would be C#, even though I don’t use it that much, but otherwise it would be JavaScript.

3 Likes

There’s a chance I might be able to as TL4 if you wanted, but idk for sure

2 Likes

JavaScript among the worst …

2 Likes

WHAT??? I am absolutely shocked. Never in my life have I heard someone insult the best language that has ever existed. Explain why you say that.

It just is … jokes aside, because of what it is (a scripting languages evolved into language and then evolved into wanna be do it all language) JS is not a language I (and whoever seriously worked on things like C) like to work with if not forced.

2 Likes

I feel like a decent amount of the JS hate comes from people who aren’t that experienced with it. I also think the main reasons to dislike JS are basically dynamic typing, type inferences and confusing errors, which I feel aren’t actually issues for experienced programmers. What’s your opinion? Like what specific things do you think make JavaScript a bad language? (like what do you mean by ‘do it all’?)

1 Like

Well, my gripe is that JS is that is is too prone to hack your way around things and it has been turned and is seen as a language that can do it all. But again, everybody can have their opinions and none of them is absolute.

1 Like

JS can be fast if used correctly.

2 Likes

Surely you’ve seen JS that’s just a big one-line confusing jumble of nonsense. Python doesn’t allow you to easily generate illegible code. This is a major advantage to Python. I hate having to manually insert all the new lines just so I can read JS. My mind doesn’t work that way. Please remember people that I said Python doesn’t allow you to easily generate illegible code. I do know several ways to do this if desired.

4 Likes

python doesn’t allow one-liners as easily

3 Likes

JS illegibile code is easy to render legible again … do not fall for that

1 Like