• Blank Repl
  • Ruby
  • Go

0 voters

2 Likes

Nix is my favorite imo, the most scalable and freeform of all the others

2 Likes

4 Likes

Python 1000% It’s literally the best language for anything! Web stuff: Django or Flask (The fastest most secure backend frameworks available), computing stuff: numpy, pytorch, etc. (Why use a fast language when I can just use libraries written in a fast language). Games: Pygame, Pyxel, GODOT (Cause Javascript is weird)

You literally cannot find anything where Python is not the best language. OS Development, AI, Machine Learning, Game Development, whatever it is, python is the best at it.

Python is easy to learn, blazingly fast, with a clean modern syntax that all programmer’s love. Beautiful dynamic typing that lets the programmer code the way they want (forcing good programming is disgusting) .

You have to ask yourself, why am I doing <X> in <Y> language, when I can write a novel’s worth of Python code and do thirty six times slower?

3 Likes

exactly, why should I spend time writing js and HTML in 20 min when I could write twenty computer’s memory worth of django files for months and then have it fail everytime a server request pings?

3 Likes

No C++ make me sad :frowning:

4 Likes

You should add an “Other” category

2 Likes

Debatable. The speed is a big cost and if always use other peoples libs you are never completely writing your own code.

2 Likes

Please add C++!

2 Likes

Yeah, dunno about these two… Definitely not blazingly fast, many other languages are much, much faster. And I personally hate the Python syntax so at the very least you couldn’t say ‘all programmer’s love’, but I also find it highly unlikely I’m the only person with this opinion.

3 Likes

they’re making a joke about python being the slowest language every conceived that’s well used

1 Like

Looks like someone really wants to start a war. And I swear if anyone votes for Go I will lose faith in humanity.

2 Likes

I’d be more disappointed in PHP, tbh

1 Like

At least PHP is an acronym. Golang sounds like the ogre at the end of your D&D campaign.

2 Likes

tbf, python sounds like someone almost died in the jungle and decided to spite the animal by naming the slowest language they could think of after it

2 Likes

That’s a pretty good point. Got an origin story for Ruby?

2 Likes

Sure, umm: Someone tried to make a language called diamond but forgot to add enough components, and it ended up getting demoted to ruby.

reasoning: ruby is very minimal :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

That’s a REALLY good one to make on a cue lol :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

lol I didn’t read that last line :rofl:

1 Like

2 Likes