What's happening to repl.it?

So, like, Repl.it has totally switched things up lately, and not everyone’s loving it. First off, they ditched the 24/7 hosting, which used to be super handy for keeping projects running all the time. Now, it’s not as chill. And get this, they took away comments and the official Discord server, which was like the go-to spot for hanging out and chatting. Now, only beta testers can join the new Discord, and some people are bummed cause it’s the regular community that makes Repl.it awesome. They replaced the Discord with an ask forum, but it’s not really filling the community vibes. Some folks are saying it’s not fair and that Repl.it needs to listen to the users to keep things cool. Recently several community members have left repl.it due to the changes and I feel like it’s only gonna get worse. Please share your opinions on this topic.

2 Likes

No, you can still host for 24/7, just not for free.

You can still talk on there, it’s just no longer official.

Nah, both have existed for years. This used to be a community forum but now it’s just a support forum.

2 Likes

Plenty of projects that existed and were increasingly popular (especially those made by people that are no longer active) are just not able to be accessed.

Also https://replit.com/discord no longer exists.

2 Likes

Uh, what does this have anything to do with… anything?

Yeah, because it’s not longer official.

discord.com/replit or discord.com/friendsofreplit or something

2 Likes

Pretty rude coming from a moderator and neither of those links work.

I’m sorry. I just don’t see how what you said was related to my post.

Because I used discord.com instead of discord.gg, my bad

1 Like

I have another question. Why were comments removed? I’m sure I missed the reason because I’m not as active as i used to be but could you provide it for me?

1 Like

this discord server is gatekept for only a few people though

1 Like

We haven’t actually gotten an official response from Replit about this, other than:

we’re reimagining cover pages to focus primarily on code consumption. This shift marks a move away from running and viewing program outputs. Instead, we’re making these pages a hub for exploring and understanding code.

Friends of Replit shouldn’t be?

2 Likes

Thank You for providing valuable input and responses to my question.

1 Like