What should I make?

Well, I’ve finally reached that point where getting ideas for projects by myself is boring. I have nothing else to do for the next couple of hours so I’ll ask you guys: what should I program?

Skillset:
Average Python skills (most advanced thing I can do is classes and fixing circular imports)
HTML/CSS/JS proficiency (probably the things I know the most in all my years of coding)
Basic C++ knowledge

If you have any ideas, feel free to leave them in a reply. I’ll probably choose something by the end of today (March 7th, 2023).

3 Likes

Make flappy bird in kaboom.js

4 Likes

Here are a few project ideas that you could work on:

1. Web Scraper: You could build a program that can scrape data from a website and store it in a database or a file. You could use Python’s Beautiful Soup library for this.
  2. Todo List: Create a web application that allows users to create and manage their to-do lists. You could use a combination of HTML, CSS, and JavaScript for the front-end and Python for the back-end.
  3. Hangman Game: You could create a console-based hangman game using Python. You could use a text file containing a list of words to randomly select a word for the user to guess.
  4. Calculator: Create a web-based calculator using HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. You could add more advanced features such as scientific calculator functionality.
  5. Quiz Application: You could create a quiz application using Python and a GUI library such as Tkinter or PyQt. Users could choose from a list of topics and answer multiple-choice questions.
  6. Budget Tracker: Create a web-based budget tracker that allows users to input their income and expenses and track their spending. You could use HTML, CSS, and JavaScript for the front-end and Python for the back-end.
  7. Sudoku Solver: You could create a program that solves Sudoku puzzles using Python. You could use an algorithm such as backtracking to solve the puzzles.
  8. Weather App: Create a web-based weather application that displays the weather forecast for a user’s location. You could use an API such as OpenWeatherMap to retrieve weather data.

Hopefully, these ideas will help you get started on your next project!

1 Like

My guy you had me at Kaboom lol.

1 Like

If you don’t mind, im gonna steal some of those ideas. Ty :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Osoft that’s a chatgpt moment ngl

3 Likes

Not a problem. Also, I didn’t use ChatGPT.

2 Likes

I prefer not to rely on ChatGPT for answers and code.

3 Likes

Their recommendation may have sounded like CGPT, but this is what CGPT gave me when I asked them.
There are countless possibilities when it comes to coding projects, but ultimately it depends on your interests and skill level. Here are a few suggestions to get you started:

1. Build a website: You could create a personal website, a blog, or an e-commerce site. There are plenty of website builders out there, or you can code it from scratch using HTML, CSS, and JavaScript.
  2. Develop a mobile app: If you have experience with app development, consider creating a mobile app for iOS or Android. There are many app development frameworks and languages to choose from, such as React Native or Swift.
  3. Create a game: If you enjoy gaming, consider building your own game. You could use a game engine like Unity, or create it from scratch using a programming language like Python or JavaScript.
  4. Build a chatbot: Chatbots are becoming increasingly popular in business and can be used to automate customer service or other tasks. You could use a chatbot platform like Dialogflow or build your own using a language like Python.
  5. Work on a data analysis project: If you’re interested in data science, consider working on a data analysis project. You could analyze data from a public dataset or scrape data from the web using a tool like Beautiful Soup.

Remember, the best coding projects are those that you are passionate about and challenge you to learn and grow as a programmer.

Verdict: @OSoft is telling the truth.

4 Likes

They said they typed for 1 and a half minutes, so … unless they have like 400 WPM they’re plagarising

4 Likes

I might just point out that ChatGPT WILL randomize questions. So even if I did use it, it would not match.

5 Likes

I type very fast. And as I said, some ideas where off the internet and sources that I know.

4 Likes

Ok, but even then you literally stole ideas off the internet without siting sources…

3 Likes

Sometimes I just don’t understand.

4 Likes

…This isn’t school, and I put it in my own words for crying out loud.

5 Likes

Ok if you don’t understand I will stop asking

3 Likes

Guys, guys, let’s settle down. @not-ethan can you set slow mode on this topic?

5 Likes

I mean that’s true but, the original poster asked for ideas and @OSoft gave ideas. :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

I mean yeah but I really hate when people don’t site sources…

4 Likes

Simple as that. Must I go on.

4 Likes