What is this and how do I get rid of it?

There is an black box which only contains the text “Run your repl to see your output” which sometimes comes up, and I was wondering how to get rid of it if I have no use for it. For the record, the names in the array are fake names. Any resemblance to someone’s actual name is coincidental.

1 Like

When you have a graphical output it is displayed there. If you are just doing text programming, you can drag the divider in between to the left to expand the console. You can also change the layout from stacked to side-by-side if you want.
Here are two screen shots of a graphical output program using the two different layouts

2 Likes

Is this a recent “feature”? It has never popped up before after two years of use and using the same programming language. I understand that you just slide the handle to make it temporarily go away, but then it forgets every time I open the same project. Is there at least a setting somewhere so that it doesn’t do that?

1 Like

The graphics window has existed for years, and should only appear if the template already has it on or the process spawns an X11 window. Which template are you using?

1 Like