What is matrix?

And what is matrix? The movie ?

Lol Matrix is a chat room service kinda like Discord.

4 Likes

@whileTRUEpass Unlike discord, (a) it’s open-source and (b) it’s decentralized, so you don’t have to all use one server (that works well for replit, because people can run their own homeservers and only join rooms they care about, and if one person’s server dies, other servers will be fine)

4 Likes

The public matrix server that I set up for Replit Ask users to use is https://dendrite.replit-ask-users.repl.co:9000

4 Likes

I do not like discord, i have used lately mostly for MidJourney queries.
Love decentralised stuff, will check it out. Thanks.

4 Likes

Matrix is a messaging protocol, not exactly just a “chatroom”. It has a variety of clients across platforms. It also has tons of bridges and bots for you to enjoy.

2 Likes

Yeah, and you are never online :frowning:

2 Likes

Not sure what you mean.

Ummm, on dendrite lol…

3 Likes

I have my own server but I currently have been doing upgrades and tweaks to the setup so it’s currently down. I host lots of bots and bridges too, so you’re free to try some of those out. Always expanding and upgrading the setup.

3 Likes

Except that you haven’t given us the link to your stuff yet.

2 Likes

They will when they’re ready to

1 Like

Is your matrix server up again?

Almost up, tweaking a few nginx settings from a server restructuring and an update.

2 Likes

Lol, @not-ethan shut yall down in the last post and put you in your own lol :laughing:.

yep. If you see anything that strays too much from the original discussion do âš‘ it as off-topic so the forum is more organised

2 Likes

What do you mean? What happened?

Ethan moved these replies over to a new topic because they’re off-topic (is this sub-convo about the reply split off-topic? :grimacing: )

3 Likes

This is actually how i remember dendrites and axons

What’s that picture of?