What button accepts code suggestions?

You know the code suggestions from the AI? I’ve tried pressing Tab and it doesn’t work for me. Instead Tab just replaces the suggested code with something like <div class="not"></div>;. Please note that I was writing a line that starts with .not(.... and the suggestion the AI made was a perfect fit for what I wanted to type.

Sometimes pressing Tab works, but it only works maybe 1 time in 5.

Replit Profile: https://replit.com/@NicholasSuntken

I just noticed that the quoted text was HTML code, and so the browser processed it instead of posting it as a string. Here it is with * in it MASH style since I don’t know how to prevent that on this platform.
<di
v* class="not*"></div*>*

Sorry for any confusion.

Hi there!
Just enclose the code in backticks ` .

2 Likes

Thanks for the info. That’ll make this update much more legible. I was starting to write a documents.getElementsById(activeView).innerHTML command. The AI correctly predicted the rest of the command, much further out than I typed here. So I tapped Tab, and it generated a much longer snippet of wrong code than ever before. I’m hoping that this being a larger sample will be helpful in solving this.

<html lang="en">
    <head>
      <meta charset="UTF-8">
      <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge">
      <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0">
      <title>Document</title>
    </head>
    <body>

</body>
    </html>

Ah, so the thing that you just pasted here is the boilerplate thing for each page, and clashes with the AI suggestion.
Maybe try going to User Settings > Keyboard Shortcuts and edit the AI acceptance key (if there’s such a thing)?

See this topic if it helps:

2 Likes

It sounds like you are saying that the Boilerplate Key and the AIAccept Key are both currently logged to the same button; So it’s a toss-up which one I get. That certainly would match what I am seeing. I’ll look into it and get back to you.

1 Like