“Welcome to Replit” Popup keeps showing up even after selecting options multiple times

Any time I open my replit now I get blocked by some learning tool “Welcome to Replit: why are here, and what level are you” Then it proceeds to create a new repl for me.
I don’t know how to exit out of it or disable it, because it won’t let me through unless I answer those questions and create a repl I don’t want. Any one have ideas on how to get rid of that initial pop up?

4 Likes

@JulieHorowitz Welcome to the community! :tada:
If you could provide us with screenshots and/or screen recordings, that’d be great!

5 Likes

2 Likes

Just pick two options and click start building

3 Likes

@JulieHorowitz If you select some of these options, you should be good.

3 Likes

Thank you, but I don’t want to have to go through this every time I log in to replit.

1 Like

It should only do that after you create an account. Have you answered the questions more than once?

4 Likes

Hi there, yes I have had this account for almost a year now; and then the last 2-3 weeks every time I open Replit I have to answer this pop up. I’m just not sure how to get rid of it.

1 Like

That does not answer my question.

Probably a bug if it took almost a year for you to get the questions.

Have you tried just answering the questions? There aren’t that many and they aren’t personal.

3 Likes

Can you clarify what you mean here? What didn’t answer your question? Perhaps your understanding of ‘account’ and my understanding are different.
Your initial prompt said : It should only do that after you create an account. , which I understand as creating a Relpit account, which I did 1 year ago.
Your initial prompt said :Have you answered the questions more than once? , and I answer these questions every time I log in to Replit and have been answering for the past 2-3 weeks.
It is just annoying that I have to do this every time.

5 Likes

I am a day one user. But I am curious, are you using the Desktop Application or the Web Browser version? If you are using the Web Browser I’d be curious if you have a VPN on or just need to clear cache and cookies?

I don’t know if any of this can affect this particular website or application, its’ just things I would try.

If you have a VPN try logging in without the VPN on.

If you don’t want to clear all your Cache and cookies then try logging in through a new incognito window. If it doesn’t prompt you, then clear you cache and cookies for all time then log in.

If you are using the Desktop version have you tried uninstalling, then reinstalling to see if you still have the same outcome?

5 Likes

Sounds like a bug @JulieHorowitz, I’ve moved to Bug Reports and pinged a staff member.

3 Likes

Hey @JulieHorowitz!

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I have flagged this to the engineering team and will let you know once I have an update.

3 Likes

thank you! didn’t know I can do that, so thank you for showing me how to escalate

2 Likes

Hi there, I am using the web browser. So, I don’t think “uninstalling” would be the option here, but I like your thinking.
I just tried the Incognito window, and thought that would work, but it did not.
I see this issue has been bug reported, so I am hoping it escalates from there haha

2 Likes

Anybody can make a post in Bug Reports; that’s just the category where bug reports go. Escalating to staff is something that only moderators (and Jr Moderators) can do.

2 Likes

@JulieHorowitz What link are you using to go to Replit? If you use https://replit.com or https://replit.com/~, does the welcome modal still come up?

2 Likes

I see I am using https://replit.com/start/preferences , and when I click on just the regular replit.com link it doesn’t pull up the welcome modal.
I’m glad that was a simple fix, but so strange it “all of a sudden” began happening.
Thank you for the insight.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.