Weird Webview link

Problem description:

Hi everyone, so my bot got down yesterday, and i check for the problem and found Webview link changed to this

https://419e2c8e-ccb2-4bf0-ad98-0d180f038739-00-33rpz6jclaa9p.asia-a.replit.dev/

which is weird, it was https://injpricee.yur1.repl.co before, and it gets down every 1 hour, cant even uptime new link, whats the issue ?

i realized my other repls down too with same issue

Repl.co has been discontinued. Repl.dev is a url that only is accessible when a repl is being edited, as its intended for testing. To fix your bot, you will have to deploy it. Static Deployments are free, but you will need a credit card linked to create one as a safeguard you go over your transfer limits. The other two types of deployments are only available with a core subscription. Hope this helps.

2 Likes

replit had changed their hosting and repl.co became replit.dev

1 Like

well im using server.js to create simple html page and require this in main code file index.js, how i can deploy static deployment? sory im kinda new

Ok, step one. Put all your code parts (CSS, JS, HTMl) Into one file. Then, when in the deployments menu, when it asks for the public directory, put that file name. Make sure the website name in the settings is good, and that your happy with it. Then deploy! I believe that should work, but it may be worth consulting someone with more experience than me.

1 Like

im on node.js, how my code will work on html

1 Like

If its a html page, you should have 3 files, one for HTML, one for JS, and one for your CSS? If you create a new folder, and put all 3 into that, you can deploy by putting the folder name as the public directory. Im not very familiar with node.js, but as long as their is a seperate HTML file, my method should work. Otherwise, im not sure. It may just be that you put the file you code in into a folder, and then use the folder name as the public directory. Not sure.

1 Like

lemme try something, i will get back to you

Hey @yur1!

If you have a bot of any kind you can’t use a Static Deployment. You will have to use Reserved VM instead (because of its uptime ability).

2 Likes