Weird email from "Replit" Staff

I got an email from a “Replit” staff member. However, the email feels suspicious, as it promises a $60 giftcard for completion of questions on a “prototype”.

So, has anyone else received emails like this?
The emailer was David Hartley-Simon.
I figured I should ask the forums, as if anyone else has had a similar experience, I could verify/disprove the emails legitimacy.

There’s only I David I know, @DavidAtReplit but his surname is ‘Morgan’. And I think he left Replit. So it may be fake. (How did the sender even know you use Replit?)
Hope this helps!

1 Like

I was able to find an admin with the same name as the emailer, and the website of the company seemed legit.

Where did you find this admin?

https://replit.com/@DavidHartley-Si?tab=repls
This is his replit user page.
He was active recently.

1 Like

I pinged Replit staff to check if this is a real email

4 Likes

It’s not me but someone with that name does work at Replit - or at least did before I left!

7 Likes

I would be very curious to see this email! Could you forward it to me? adam@repl.it and I can look further into and report it to our security team if need be.

4 Likes

Can you post a screenshot of the email here if nothing confidential is on it?

1 Like

Sorry if the screenshot is weird.

1 Like

Well, I wouldn’t be surprised that they’re doing this. They’ve been really desperate for feedback on Deployments recently.

2 Likes

What’s the email address? If it’s from repl.it or replit.com then there’s only three options:

1. It’s legit
  2. Replit was hacked
  3. Rogue staff member

I’m betting on #1 if it’s from one of Replit’s domains.

4 Likes

@Banesr18 Yes, it’s legitimate. He’s one of our researchers here and just confirmed with me that he sent this email to you. No pressure to participate, but you’re welcome to. Hope it helps.

7 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Does David Morgan still work at Replit?

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.