Webview fails to load

Bug description:
I am seeing this message in the webview of some of my repls, but not all. A project I’m just starting and some projects I have worked on with no issues are suddenly displaying this error:
The webpage at [URL] might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

I have seen similar posts, but no recent posts on this topic.

Expected vs Current Behavior:
Webview should display output of code
Currently, the webview fails to load and gives the error pasted above.

Steps to reproduce:
In my case, the webview is showing the wrong thing before I do anything in the repl. Entering and running code does not change the status.

Bug appears at this link: https://replit.com/@codeworks-precourse/Pre-Technical-Challenge-andrewmason628

Screenshot(s)/Screen Recording:

Browser/OS/Device: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/120.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Replit Profile: https://replit.com/@andrewmason628

1 Like

@andrewmason628 Thanks for sharing the issue.

It seems like a pretty basic Repl. I’m curious why some of your Repls have the issue but not others. Do you see any similarities between the ones not working?

Also, the link you have for the Repl is private probably because it’s in a Teams project. If you copy the code over to a new personal/public Repl that isn’t in Teams, does it work without issue? If not, can you share that public Repl for us to take a look?

I wonder if it has anything to do with the length of the Repl URL. Or if you are using a Repl with outdated libraries in which case a new Repl template should work fine. I look forward to hearing more.

1 Like

Try the solution I documented here:

I’m seeing this problem as well and none of the solutions offered in the handful of forums posts about this are helping. My repl was working perfectly fine when I was at a coffee shop where I first created it. Now that I am home I can’t view the page in a web view or new tab.